Thursday, February 7, 2013

"When Sparrow's Fall"

God is so awesome. Seriously. I love learning new things from Him and hearing the things He wants to tell me. I follow this blog called Wonderfully Made Blog (seriously go check it out....it's awesome) and today there was a post with a video sermon embedded. I had an hour to kill so I figured I'd watch it....wow. It was SO GOOD! God taught me so many things in that 54 minute video. The pastor, Britt Merrick gave a sermon about Matthew 10. But it wasn't just a sermon...it was his family's story. (I don't want to even attempt to tell his story in fear of getting my facts confused so I'll let you watch the sermon for yourself here) The thing he spoke about that hit me the hardest though was about Matthew 10:29. It says, 
"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care."
These are profound words. As Britt points out, Jesus wasn't saying that the sparrow will never fall. He's saying they WILL fall....But the awesome thing is that even though they fall, they will never be outside your Father's care. God will ALWAYS be there. I could talk about this for so much longer but I don't want to just repeat everything Britt said. So seriously, make some time and watch his sermon. I promise you won't regret it. And if you think it's a waste of your time, I will personally come apologize to you and buy you an "I'm Sorry" cake. That's how much I love what this man had to say. Click THIS LINK and GO! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment