Monday, September 17, 2012

Becoming Satisfied.

One year ago today I made a commitment to take a year away from focusing on guys, and instead focus on becoming the woman God wants me to be. I had just gotten out of a serious relationship of about 3 years and needed some time to figure out who I was as a single woman before I even thought of being in a relationship again. This year away from dating has had it's ups and downs....There were times that I relied on God completely and found my worth in Him, and then there were times when I strayed from what He said about me and wanted to find my worth in guys again. However, the past couple months have been so great in helping me grow closer to the Lord. If you would have asked me last September if I was okay with not having a boyfriend I would've said no. But now, I know that my worth is not found in whether or not a boy likes me. To be honest, I'm completely okay with the fact that no guy is actively pursuing me. God has reminded me countless times in His Word that His love is greater than anything I could ever receive from a man. Romans 8:37-39 says,

"In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

God's love is so incredibly great! And I know that it's all I truly need. Don't get me wrong, I'm so excited for the day that God brings that man into my life that I will marry...But until my future husband and I begin any sort of relationship, I'm going to completely consume myself in God's love.  Christian women are always listing off the qualities that they want in a Christian man. But how fair is it that we're expecting this "Godly-grocery-list" of things that a guy should be, when we ourselves aren't trying to become the Christian women that God calls us to be? The portrait of a Proverbs 31 woman is ideally what we as women need to be aspiring for. For those of you who know me, you know that I'm very obviously far from perfect....but I pray through God's strength, I will become the Godly woman that my future husband deserves.



No comments:

Post a Comment