Sunday, September 30, 2012

Anxiety.

Anxious. That's what I feel right now. I'm not entirely sure why either....I don't have any big tests tomorrow and I'm all caught up on my homework....But for some reason, I find myself fidgeting in my seat with my mind racing. Maybe it's the busy weekend I had at my aunt and uncle's house in Rochester, or maybe it's some other reason. All I know is that I don't want this to continue for much longer. One verse that popped into my mind before I even started writing this blog post was Philippians 4:6-7. It says,

"Do not be anxious about anything, 
but in every situation by prayer and petition, 
with thanksgiving, 
present your requests to God. 
And the peace of God which transcends all understanding 
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

This is such a great verse, but let me tell you it's easier said than done. I mean honestly, I don't even know what the heck I'm anxious about. And how on earth am I supposed to be thankful for it?! But I know that this verse speaks so much truth. I've seen God do so many amazing things in my life, so there's no way I should be doubting his ability to take away my pointless anxiety. I have faith that He will indeed take this feeling away from me. I know he will. And that's one of the many reasons why God is so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment