Saturday, October 1, 2011

Straight From My Journal

James 4:12 "There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and destroy. But you-who are you to judge your neighbor?"

Today I spent a wonderful few hours with some of the girls on my floor in Nelson Hall. We talked about things like the devil, our struggles, our hurts, and we all took part in a very emotional conversation about God's love and mercy. As all these girls were opening up and telling us their stories, I felt extremely convicted. I realized at that moment that I wasn't taking the time to see these women as they truly are; walking stories. I love these girls with all my heart, and yet I'm still putting myself first. Time and time again I find myself letting myself get trapped in the selfish "Me Cycle" where all I can see is what's affecting me directly. I make myself blind to other people's hurts. I'll tend to think, "Ugh she's annoying me today" instead of thinking, "She's going through a tough time right now, I should have some grace." I get so wrapped up in myself that I see people as bodies in front of me walking through the motions instead of actual human spirits who have hurts, fears, dreams, insecurities and joys just like me.

How did I let myself get this far from the truth? Lord I pray that I won't forget who these girls really are any longer. Lord please help me to have grace just as You do, and to have the patience and wisdom to see each girl living in N2 as a walking/eating/living/breathing story.....A story just like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment